Wednesday 18 July 2012

Day 8 - The Jezero

Woke up on Sunday very excited - it was jezero (lake) time!!
We'd planned to spend the whole day by the lake, as the weather was so nice and we didn't know how long it would last!
Quick trip to Albert (the local supermarket, not some random old man) and bought some snacky food to last us the day. This meant a yoghurt, an apple, and a lot of bacon Tuc biscuits! (which are amazing, in case you were wondering)
Photo of the lake from http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11707804
When we arrived the lake still wasn't that busy, but it was certainly heating up. We changed quickly and jumped in for a bit of strenuous floating around: unfortunately the lake hadn't had quite the same amount of time to heat up as it had to previous day so there was a lot of screaming as we got in! 
Getting out the lake and I was really on the ball with the sun-cream as per usual, whacking on the factor 30! I have some pretty fancy sun-cream from Tesco which is supposed to be invisible and grease-free, so as predicted it was too good to be true! It was so invisible that I couldn't see where I'd put it! This meant that when I got back to the kolej in the evening and had a shower, I realised I'd managed to lightly burn a perfect bikini shape into me. FAB! That'll be there until at least December!

The super rickety bridge!
Still with lots of pent-up energy (and sunburn) after dinner we decided to go for a walk up the river Labe, which runs through Poděbrady. We timed it beautifully with the sun setting, thus allowing me to get a pretty photo of the castle and dam (from a terrifying bridge!).
The view of Poděbrady castle at sunset






No comments:

Post a Comment