Tuesday 10 July 2012

Day 4 - B1, Zmrzlina and the lake

Wednesday turned out to be a much nicer day, full of learning things, ice-cream, and swimming in the lake.

The day started off bright and sunny and was made immediately better when Paní Vonkova (the headteacher lady) said we could move up into class B1, so we'd finally start learning things! The morning was filled with intense grammar learning and vocab noting, and went in a flash we were having so much language learning fun!

Lessons were followed by a lecture on the Geography of the Czech Republic, which was very interesting but the lady's voice was so soothing, the chairs so comfy, the room so snugly and warm... So I spent the hour and a half struggling to keep my eyes open.

Finally free from the torture of being forced to stay awake, a group of us decided to go and find the lake for a nice evening swim. Instead of heading to the touristy beach bit where you have to pay, we had the clever idea of walking a longer way to the lake and seeing if there was somewhere to swim round the other side. The answer is no, but it was a nice hour walk, only made better by the fact I'd picked up a lush looking zmrzlina (ice-cream) on the way :D
My zmrzlina. I know. Be jealous.

Arriving on the beach bit I was so excited to get in the water that I changed straight away and went straight in (something I never normally do). Thanks to the hot day we'd had the lake was (slightly) warmed up, and was so nice and refreshing after a day sitting inside!
The jezero
The only downside (yet so amusing) part of the visit to the jezero was the attack of the slutty fly. This was essentially a GIANT FLY that decided to, in turn, chase me, Nick, Michael and Hannah around for a good half hour or so. Even after it left I felt myself constantly checking around me to see if it's cheeky self had appeared again to harass my hair (apparently it had a thing for redheads, and was also bisexual)!

So all in all a pretty lush day, with learning, ice-cream, and a swim in a warm lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment